Name: Sw3 Walsh
Proposition: Students should eat breakfast.
General Purpose: To convince.
Specific Purpose: Statement of coverage.
I. Opening Statement of Interest
A. Explanation (s) to Listen
B. Speaker Credibility
C. Thesis Statement
Begin with an Attention Stage that is an:
Opening affirmation of interest (use one or more in the following): 2. A rhetorical question
2. A startling statement
2. A quote
* A great illustration or perhaps story
2. A reference to the subject
* A reference to the occasion
Motivate audience interest in the subject simply by alluding to: (use more than one of the following): * The practical benefit of the details for your market * Grounds to listen
2. The audience's sense of curiosity
Create your trustworthiness by:
* Alluding to the first-hand experience you may have acquired
* Alluding to sources of information you may have consulted
Offer orienting material by: (use one or more with the following): * Previewing main points
* Identifying any technical terms that you will be using
II. Statement of Will need
There are probably two types of needs (your speech uses one of these): * To urge a change-point out what's wrong with present conditions 2. To require preservation of present conditions-point out the risk of a change The Need Stage is developed by:
5. Illustration: Tell of one or more situations to demonstrate the need * Ramifications: Employ as many further facts, illustrations, and quotations as are required to make the need convincingly impressive. * Pointing: Show it is importance towards the individuals in the audience.
III. Statement of Solution
A. Explanation of Solution
W. Theoretical Demonstration
installment payments on your